Follow these steps to locate all the mveo.exe and jay.exe files.
- Open windows explorer window.
- On the Menu bar click Tools then click Folder Options.
- Select View tab. On the hidden files and folders menu click on show hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck hide extensions for known file types.
- Uncheck hide protected operating system files (recommended).
- Click Apply then OK.
Next we will have to remove the jay.exe and mveo.exe files.
- Press ctrl+alt+del to open Task Manager.
- In the PROCESSES tab look for the mveo.exe and click End Process.
If you could not bring up the task bar and you get a “Task Manager has been disabled by your Administrator” message, you probably have another virus in your system that prevents this. (See How to fix your Task Manager)
To delete all the jay.exe and mveo files, search for it using the search for files and folder option in the start menu.
- Type jay.exe in the search bar.
- Click more advanced option.
- Put a check on search hidden files and folders.
- Then click on start search.
- Delete all jay.exe entries.
- Repeat steps 1-5 to search for mveo.exe.
- Also delete autorun.inf file.
To delete registry entries:
- Click on start -> run, then in the run text box type regedit.
- Press ctrl+f and type in the textbox jay.exe
- Delete all entries having jay.exe entries
- Press F3 to search the next entry.
Note: if an entry is in c:\windows… edit the value and go to the end of the string anddelete only the jay.exe text on the end of the string
To edit the IE windows back to its original name:
- Open regedit.
- Press ctrl+f, then type in the search bar window title.
- If the value that appears has the jaymyka.wen9.com value, change it to Internet Explorer.
Note: this would be the title bar of your Internet Explorer.
After all of these steps are done: try to look again for the jay.exe and mveo.exe files using the search for files and folders application of windows. After deleting all those files restart your computer.
IMPORTANT: The article that I wrote is based on my personal experience dealing with this virus. The procedure that I’ve given is worked for me and other computers that I repaired that have been infected by this virus. I could not give a 100% guarantee if the process that I given will work for you especially if you have other viruses in your PCs. But still, Hope you can make it.
Related Topic (How to Open Show Hidden Files and Folders)